Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Giddy

Andy and I are sitting here feeling so giddy and happy about today.  We had a doctor appointment and found out the tumor was most definitely benign.  So, now I'm in the clear to resume normal activities.  Such a relief!  We went out for a celebratory brunch at the Coastal Cafe on Capital Hill.  Since I still can't drink, I induldged in the most amazing french toast with mascrapone cheese and hazelnut cream syrup and a side of bacon for balance :).  So amazing! 

I am still tired from the surgery and insomnia from the meds, so I plan to slowly ramp up to "normal."  I spoke to my doctor today about the insomnia and he said that he believes it's actually being caused by the combination of the steroid and seizure medicine.  Since, I'm almost done with the steriod, it should be getting better.  Apparently, this is a pretty common side effect.  So, I'll be patient, keep picking good books and movies to while the night away and remain grateful that I have the time off to get through this.

Andy is sweetly sitting here as I write tonight.  He is exhausted - I think we will both sleep peacefully tonight.  Good dreams for all.

Normal activity - walking and moderating chocolate start tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. So glad for all of you - what a relief! Congrats and sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY i am so glad it was good news MMMMMMMMMMMM Chocolate

    ReplyDelete