Thursday, January 19, 2012

Big Sigh

The weather is not helping anything!  I guess Herb is teaching me to roll with the punches, but I'm sure Andy and I don't need any other factors to add to our anxiety about tomorrow.  I'm counting our blessing despite the weather.  We still have power, so we are warm.  My mom is here watching the girls, so we know they will be okay tomorrow.  Katie watched the girls this afternoon, while we went to chip my mom out of her house and bring her over, so we are lucky to have such wonderful friends.  We have heard from lots of friends today wishing us love and sending prayers.  Thank you! 

The hospital called and we are still on for surgery tomorrow at 8:00.  We have to check in at 6:00.  I've got my fingers crossed that because we have to be there so early that the roads will be clear or at least not very crowded. 

Looking forward to Saturday.  Thank you for the great send off party last night.  Thanks also to all my friends who were not able to join us, but who drank a toast to the end of Herb.  I loved it.   A great friend gave me an Eviction Notice for Herb - its in the hospital bag and ready to be posted on my hospital door.  I'm sure it will get a lot of laughs and smiles from the great folks who will be taking care of me. 

Thanks for all the blessings.  I'll do my best to post on Saturday and Andy plans to text people once I get out of surgery.  Keep all the thoughts coming our way!  Calm, steady, Andy could use the most tomorrow - he has the tough job.
Love to you all,
Steph and Andy

1 comment:

  1. Yo Steph and Andy - Just saw this, and I'm sure the anxiety is hard to keep in check. sounds like you got a great team at home and in the medical world - that makes all the difference. Laura and I wish you a speedy recovery. Since I have a little of this type of business in my rearview mirror, I can confidently say that life can return to normal, this will be a blur of memory, and one is defined by how they handle moments like these. You're handling it like a superstar. Best wishes, Brad G

    ReplyDelete